Best Tater-Tot Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef, salt and pepper to taste
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 tb Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 32 oz or 4 cups of frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Cook the beef in a non-stick skillet with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Chop ½ of the medium onion and add to the beef when the beef is about 80% cooked
- While the beef and onion are cooking, mix the Worcestershire sauce, sour cream, and soup in a medium-sized bowl
- When the beef and onion are cooked, add them to the sauce mixture in the bowl and mix well
- Place the sauce, meat, and onion mixture in a glass baking dish. (I like using my 9”x 9” square glass pan but a rectangular glass pan or a one-time-use square foil pan will work too.)
- Top the mixture with frozen tater tots and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- When the tater tots are crisp, add the cheese to the top and return to the oven until the cheese is melted (about 5-7 minutes).
- Serve and, if you desire, add your favorite spicy topping and devour!